Maybe the warmer weather helped pump more blood to blogger brains this week (I don't know; I'm not a doctor), but it was really hard to choose just a few snippets this week! I've decided to divide this week's reading into a food pyramid of sorts... but you can pick and choose your servings as you please. I'm not a doctor, and I'm not your momma. Dig in!
- Aaaah! It's an army of Susie Bubbles!
- These shoes are so crazy!
- Even if you're not in college, the blog "College Fashion" has a fun lesson for you-- Seven Fashion Icons That Everyone Should Know! My favorite is Brigitte Bardot. Who is yours?
- Um, WOW. The hair at Japanese fashion week be CRAZY...
- This week's "Style Stalker" from the folks over at WhoWhatWear was particularly pleasing! Check it out HERE!
- I can remember refusing to wear the color pink as a little girl... mostly because little girls were supposed to wear pink, and I did not like to do what I was supposed to do. But Ann of Holier than Now has me changing my tune with her fantastically beautiful mood board called "The Tao of Pink." A taste of her brilliance? The last line reads, "i hope you don't have to go through times like this in order to have the chance to wake up from the everyday blah and fall in love with your life." Well spoken, miss Ann!
- You know I have an obsession with nails, so here they are: even more pretty nails!
Savory Style Staples
- Hopefully some of you were more informed than I, but I just found the blog StylelikeU this week. It's amazing! The blog is chock full of interviews with your favorite bloggers and style makers and... wait for it... nothing else. Seriously, it's just interviews and pictures and closets galore. I love it!
- If you're a fashion blogger, than you've heard some form of this from less-than-supportive frenemies, acquaintances, and yes, even family members: "Fashion is just... stupid. Why would I want to celebrate consumerism?" or "Blogging is so narcissistic!" Well, Meg over at good morning midnight would like to get the last word in-- read her take on "Why Fashion is Worth Blogging About."
- The Little White Dress is TOTALLY "the LBD's hotter younger sister." Go see why!
- If you're anything like me (my fellow shopaholics, cry a tear with me)-- then you probably have way too much stuff. It may not be March anymore, but I am totally embarking on my own "make-under" journey this month to streamline my closet and remove the excess baggage from my life-- physical AND emotional. Who's with me??
If Vogue is the fashion Bible, consider these your style sermons!
- Are you a self-aggrandizing jerk? Maybe you ought to be...
- I'm incredibly guilty of supporting fast fashion. I'm young, I'm poor, and I have certain theories that alleviate my guilt. Wherever you stand on this issue, though, it's important to be informed. Read Instant Vintage's take on the upcoming "Blood, Sweat, and T-Shirts" special to air on Planet Green.
- I already knew I didn't want to support violence against my precious furbabies. But this PETA video featuring Joaquin Phoenix opened my eyes to the rights of some of the scalier inhabitants of our humble planet. Warning, though: it's definitely upsetting.
Finally, I'd like to leave you with this little gem to start your weekend off right... Happy Friday, everyone!